What are the general rules of the consumption and sales of alcoholic beverages?

Restaurants or vendors licensed in accordance with F.S. 563.02(1)(a) of F.S. 564.02(1)(a) shall be permitted to serve alcoholic beverages between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m.; however, licensees for the sale of alcoholic beverages in the city shall, on the date of New Year’s eve (December 31st), be permitted to remain open for such sales for one hour after the regular closing time established by the Code. No alcoholic beverages shall be sold, consumed or served or permitted to be served or consumed in any place holding a state license between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. It is unlawful for anyone to possess, consume or display an open container of alcoholic beverage on public sidewalks, streets or other public property except approved by the City Commission. Except for restaurants, any place of business in which intoxicating liquors, wines or beers are sold or furnished at retail by the glass or drink could be located within 1,200 feet from a school or an established church.

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning and how can I find this designation for my property?
2. What is future land use and how can I find this designation for my property?
3. I want to build a shed, carport, addition, or some other structure on my property. The Building Division says I need to confirm my “setbacks”. What are setbacks?
4. What is a “variance” and how can I get one?
5. I would like to place my business in a shopping center. Is my use allowed in this zoning district?
6. Is my property located within the City?
7. What are the code requirements for installing a new sign for my business?
8. What are the parking requirements for my new business?
9. Where can I see all the codes for the City of Winter Garden?
10. I would like to install a fence around my house, what are the steps for a fence permit?
11. Can I annex into the City of Winter Garden?
12. Can I build a structure in a City easement?
13. What are the building setbacks, if my property is located on a lake, conservation area, or wetland?
14. As a business owner, may I display merchandise and/or have outdoor dining tables on a public way (sidewalk)?
15. May I allow customers to have their dogs at my food service establishment?
16. What are the general rules of the consumption and sales of alcoholic beverages?
17. What is a legally non-conforming building, structure or parcel?
18. What is a preliminary plat?
19. What are construction plans for a subdivision?
20. What is a final plat?
21. What is a site plan?
22. What is the Development Review Committee (DRC)?
23. My mortgage company says I am in a flood zone, and need flood insurance. How can the City help me?
24. What is the base flood elevation (BFE) of my property?