- What Is Your Car Screaming out to Thieves?
What Is Your Car Screaming out to Thieves?
May 14 2013
What can I do to keep from being the victim of an auto burglary?
- Park your car in a garage OR
- Park your car in a well-lit area and away from places of concealment, such as alleys and behind bushes
- Close your windows and lock your doors
- Never hide a key in one of those magnetic key boxes. If you can find it, so can a burglar
- Take your valuables with you when you leave your car or lock them in the trunk out of sight.
Things you shouldn’t leave in your car:
- Personal identification information
- Any other items of value
- Garage door opener
- Any trace of a valuable item (like that ring your GPS system leaves on your window or your iPod docking station left in plain sight)
To report an auto burglary or any suspicious activity, please contact the Winter Garden Police Department at (407) 656-3636.