- Shop SAFE, Shop SMART
Shop SAFE, Shop SMART
November 20 2012
It’s that time of year again, shopping for the best bargains on gifts to fill your list for the holiday season. Though most people are full of holiday spirit and good will, there are criminals out there waiting to take advantage.
To make your shopping experience the best it can be we’d like to remind you of a few safety precautions to take:
- Stay alert even though you might be in a rush
- Do not leave packages or valuables in your car. If you are going to several stores, lock your packages in the trunk or hide them from view
- Park under lighting
- Never leave your purse unattended
- Have your keys in hand before you approach your car
- Always lock your car doors
- Use the buddy system and shop with a friend
- Check your credit card bill
The Winter Garden Police Department hopes everyone has a wonderful holiday shopping experience, and as always, your safety is at the top of our list!