251 West Plant St.
Winter Garden, FL 34787
The Winter Garden Police Department Website should not be relied upon for emergency services and is no way designed to serve as an alternative to the emergency services provided by 911 telephone service. If you have an emergency do not hesitate to contact 911.
February 12 2013
Kids love to ride their bicycles, and it is an important way for kids to get around. It’s their first “vehicle.” Because children don’t have the maturity adults do, it is important for parents to instill safe riding techniques, so he or she will be able to enjoy the benefits of bicycling for years to come.
Help your child ride safely with these 10 tips:
1. Always wear a bike helmet – It’s the law!
2. Stop and check traffic before riding into a street.
3. Don't ride at night.
4. Obey traffic signs and signals – remember, bikes are vehicles!
5. Ride to the right with traffic.
6. ABC Check – Check Air, Brakes and Chain.
7. Give cars and pedestrians the right-of-way.
8. Wear light or bright-colored clothing so motorists can see you.
9. Be extra careful turning left - motorists don't expect it.
10. Avoid broken pavement, loose gravel and leaves - which can cause you to lose control of your bike.