Programs A - G
*Due to COVID19 all active 50+ program dates are tentative at this time.
All Active 50+ programs are held at the Jessie Brock Community Center, 310 North Dillard Street, unless otherwise noted.
AARP Smart Driver Course
Insurance reduction and driver refresher course! Up to 10% discount after completion of course depending on your insurance provider. Advanced registration required as classes could be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Monday, June 22 & Tuesday, June 23 from 5:00 – 8:00 pm (Suspended at this time)
- $15 AARP Members / $20 Non-AARP Members
- Monday, August 3 & Tuesday, August 4 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- $20 AARP Members / $25 Non-AARP Members
AARP Smart Driver TEK Workshop
Learn how new high-tech features in today’s cars can help make driving safer and easier. You will learn how the benefits of these technologies may enhance your driving safety and extend your safe driving years. You will receive a technology checklist and learn to identify the safety technologies that best suit your needs. Space is limited, so register now for this course by calling 1.877.805.0458.
- Monday, June 29 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Suspended at this time)
Adventures in Craftdom
Learn how make Leather Hoop earrings that are very light and simple in style so they will go with lots of outfits. You will be able to choose your color of leather and the matching or coordinating wire. You will learn how to use the Sizzix Big Shot machine and shape aluminum wire into a perfect loop. French ear wire, posts or clip styles will be available. You will also make a small gift box. The fee includes all the supplies for this adventure. You will walk out with a finished product. Registration required as availability is limited.
- Tuesday, July 14 (Suspended at this time)
- 1:00 – 2:30 pm
It’s time to party! If anyone deserves a birthday party, it’s a senior citizen who has lived a rich, full life. Everyone is invited to attend and enjoy the celebration. It does not have to be your birth month to attend.
- Friday, July 17 (Suspended at this time)
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm
Boccia is a precision ball sport similar to Bocce Ball, and is played inside. You sit next to your opponent on the Boccia Court. It can be played one-on-one or in teams. The object of the game is to throw or roll leather-like balls so that they land as close as possible to a target ball.
- Tuesdays, May (Suspended at this time)
- Jessie Brock Community Center
- Wednesdays, June & July
- Tanner Hall, 29 West Garden Avenue
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
A fun and entertaining dice game for all to play! No skill required! Participants are encouraged to bring a snack to share.
- 4th Monday and 1st Wednesday of each month (Suspended at this time)
- 1:30 – 4:00 pm
- $3 per person
- Jessie Brock Community Center, May 6
- Tanner Hall, 29 West Garden Avenue, June and July
Start experiencing the many benefits of yoga. This instructor led chair yoga exercise video is safe and gentle and includes low impact stretching, strengthening and breathing routines.
- Mondays (Please call 407-656-4155 to preregister)
- 8:00 am and 9:30 am
Get moving in this recreational, self-guided chair exercise class! Participants are encouraged to use light hand weights to build strength. Use of weights is not required and is at your own risk.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays (Please call 407-656-4155 to preregister)
- 8:00 am and 9:30 am
Color Me Happy!
Think you’re too old to color… think again! Seniors coloring is all the rage and it’s a great, fun way to combat stress, promote mindfulness, allow creativity and activate different areas of the brain. Join us to experience this relaxing pastime in the company of your peers. Anyone can do it, you don’t need experience so don’t worry if you’ve never done it before, but be ready to color away and lift your mood! Bring your favorite coloring book or pages and colored pencils, or use the supplies we have available.
- 1st & 3rd Thursdays of each month (Suspended at this time)
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
Join our Bridge Club for an afternoon full of fun and cards! First-timers must bring a partner.
- Thursdays (Suspended at this time)
- 12:30 – 4:30 pm
- $3 per person
- Tanner Hall, 29 W. Garden Avenue
Games, Cards & More
Enjoy an afternoon with friends who are playing Mexican Train Dominoes, Hand and Foot, Liverpool Rummy, Euchre, Rummikub, Mah Jongg and more! Participants are encouraged to bring a snack to share.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Wednesday each month (Suspended at this time)
- 1:30 – 4:30 pm